Karma Canvas Australia
Indian Kadai Fire Bowl
Indian Kadai Fire Bowl
Karma Canvas Indian Kadai Fire Pit Bowls are made traditionally by hand by the blacksmiths of Rajasthan, India, using ancient techniques. Recycled steel plates are hand-shaped and riveted together to create these stunning pieces, making them a focal point and social hub for any outdoor space.
Endlessly practical, these Kadai can be used without the iron grill as a fire pit, or with the grill as a superb BBQ, giving you that wood-fired authenticity to every dish. Paired with one of our cooking tripods, you can even serve up amazingly authentic curries, stir fries and braised dishes.
The unique hand-made character and patina of each piece will be revealed over time with exposure to the elements, or you can keep your fire bowl in original condition by oiling it periodically.
Our pictures show pre-weathered fire bowls (100cm and 80cm), new ones will be much darker in colour.
- A hand-forged wrought iron stand with curled feet
- A heavy duty wrought iron grill
- A hand-made traditional Indian Fire Bowl in the size of your choice
- Each bowl has a water drainage hole covered with a raised disc to prevent any ash from falling and to stop water from pooling in the bowl.
- Large wrought iron drop handles for portability, even when hot.
- Large, removable grilling area allowing for variable heat.
- Handmade from recycled steel and iron.
- If you wish to slow down the natural corrosion process, you can oil the Kadai periodically with the oil of your choice.
- We highly recommend that you put a layer of course sand about 3-6 cm thick in the base of the firepit to protect the steel from the heat of the fire and ensure you get the best longevity out of your product.
- All dimensions are approximate. Our Kadais are crafted by hand, so minor variations in size and finish are normal and add to their individuality.
We dispatch all goods by courier and tracking details will follow by email. For shipping to WA, TAS, Rural SA, Rural QLD and NT a price can be obtained at checkout. Our larger fire bowls are heavy and expensive to ship so if you are not getting a shipping cost at checkout please contact us via email or our online chat.